More Options

Free and Reduced Meal Application

Free and Reduced Online Application
2018-2019 Online Application

Printable Applications

Frequently Asked Questions About Free and Reduced Price School Meals

How To Apply For Free and Reduced Price School Meals 2018-2019

If You Forget To Give Your Student Lunch Money

Jefferson County Schools realize that students may forget or lose lunch/breakfast money. To make it easy for parents to view charges, fund accounts, and get notified of low balances, we have partnered with .   There is no charge for parents to create, monitor, or receive emails regarding low student meal balances. Parents may also utilize the PayPams mobile app on their mobile devices to monitor accounts. Parents will still be notified in writing and by the school district automatic messaging system of negative student balances and will be afforded a reasonable opportunity to clear the bad debt.  The Jefferson County Child Nutrition Program offers four ways for a parent to fund their student’s account:

  1. Pay online using PayPams.
  2. Utilization of the PayPams mobile application
  3. Personal Check or Cashier Check (no third party checks)
  4. Cash

It is unlawful for the Child Nutrition Program to absorb unpaid, charged meals. Parents are responsible for providing funds for student accounts. If parents need financial assistance paying for school meals, a meal benefit application for free/reduced price meals must be completed. The meal application only takes a few minutes to complete and can be found online at  at the local school, or at the Central Office.  In the event a preference is for a printable application that is also located on the Child Nutrition district webpage at .

Applications for meal benefits can be completed at any time during the school year.  If a parent refuses to complete a meal benefit application or provide funds for student meals after a reasonable amount of time, an alternative meal may be provided at the discretion of the principal after the parent has received notification of the outstanding meal charges.  

Non-Discrimination Statement: In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


(1)          Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

               Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

               1400 Independence Avenue, SW

               Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


(2)           Fax: (202) 690-7442; or


(3)           Email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.



Spanish Version Nondiscrimination Statement